Recipe adopted from Agnes Chang ~ Baking Made Easy
Ingredients A :
- 300g HP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g castor sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 - 75 ml milk
- 60g soft butter
- 60g solf butter
- 50g soft brown sugar, mixed with
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder and
- 50g ground almond
- In a mixing bowl, mix A, add eggs, milk and knead to form a soft and pliable dough. Add butter and continue to knead till smooth and elastic. Cover and prove till double in bulk.
- Knead again till smooth. Rest for 15 mins.
- Roll into a 36cm/14" square, spread soft butter on the dough, leaving 2cm border all around empty. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture on top of the buttered area and roll up like a swiss roll.
- Cut the roll into 4cm thick and put them close together (cut side up, 9 pieces in 3 rows) on greased 20cm/8"square tin.
- Cover and prove till double in bulk (about 30 mins)
- Bake at 190C till golden brown, about 15-20 mins.