Monday, May 2, 2011
Recipe adopted from Agnes Chang - I Can Bake
Ingredients :1 portion of Basic Swee Bun Dough
Filling : - Chill it in the fridge for 2 hrs before use
200g butter, soften and mix with
40g icing sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten with
1/8 tsp salt
Some melted butter, for brushing on top
1. Divide dough into 10gm portions and shape into rounds.
2. Flatten and wrap up a little butter filling. Shape into rounds again and arrange them onto a greased and lined baking tin, 1cm apart until full.
3. Cover with a piece of damp cloth and leave aside to rise until all the buns have expanded and joined together to fill up the whole baking tin.
4. Glaze with beaten egg and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for about 20 mins until cooked and golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven, brush top with melted butter to give buns the shine.
6. Leave to cool before removing buns from the baking tin.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
More information, refer here.
This is my 1st collection.
Basic Sweet Bun Dough :
- 500g high protein flour
- 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 270ml water
- 50g soften butter
Glazing : 1 egg, mixed with 1/8 tsp salt, lightly beaten
Basic Sweet Bun Dough Making
- Get ready all the ingredients.
- Put high protein flour, yeast, sugar, salt into a mixing bowl and mix well. Slowly pour in water.
- Use slow speed to knead the dough till gluten is formed (can pull into very thin sheet without tearing). Add in butter and knead till well-combined.
- Remove dough grom mixing bowl, shape into a smooth ball and put into a greased bowl. Cover with a wet cloth.
- Leave aside to prove till double in bulk.
- To test, press with finger, the depression should rise up and back to shape.
- Punch down and knead again till smooth.
- Leave aside to rest for 15 mins.
Sausage roll making
- Divide into 20 equal portions and form into rounds. Rest for 10 mins.
- Shape each round into a roll about 18 - 22 cm long.
- Take one sausage and use the dough to roll around it showing the two ends.
- Arrange sausage rolls on a greased baking tray about 5 cm apart to prevent sticking.
- Brush with beaten egg, cover and leave to proven till double in bulk (about 30 mins)
- Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200C till golden brown, about 12-15 mins. Remove and leave to cool.