Monday, May 2, 2011
Tasty Little Butter Buns 牛油小面包
Recipe adopted from Agnes Chang - I Can Bake
Ingredients :1 portion of Basic Swee Bun Dough
Filling : - Chill it in the fridge for 2 hrs before use
200g butter, soften and mix with
40g icing sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten with
1/8 tsp salt
Some melted butter, for brushing on top
1. Divide dough into 10gm portions and shape into rounds.
2. Flatten and wrap up a little butter filling. Shape into rounds again and arrange them onto a greased and lined baking tin, 1cm apart until full.
3. Cover with a piece of damp cloth and leave aside to rise until all the buns have expanded and joined together to fill up the whole baking tin.
4. Glaze with beaten egg and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for about 20 mins until cooked and golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven, brush top with melted butter to give buns the shine.
6. Leave to cool before removing buns from the baking tin.