Basic Sweet Bun Dough :
- 500g high protein flour
- 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 270ml water
- 50g soften butter
Glazing : 1 egg, mixed with 1/8 tsp salt, lightly beaten
Basic Sweet Bun Dough Making
- Get ready all the ingredients.
- Put high protein flour, yeast, sugar, salt into a mixing bowl and mix well. Slowly pour in water.
- Use slow speed to knead the dough till gluten is formed (can pull into very thin sheet without tearing). Add in butter and knead till well-combined.
- Remove dough grom mixing bowl, shape into a smooth ball and put into a greased bowl. Cover with a wet cloth.
- Leave aside to prove till double in bulk.
- To test, press with finger, the depression should rise up and back to shape.
- Punch down and knead again till smooth.
- Leave aside to rest for 15 mins.
Sausage roll making
- Divide into 20 equal portions and form into rounds. Rest for 10 mins.
- Shape each round into a roll about 18 - 22 cm long.
- Take one sausage and use the dough to roll around it showing the two ends.
- Arrange sausage rolls on a greased baking tray about 5 cm apart to prevent sticking.
- Brush with beaten egg, cover and leave to proven till double in bulk (about 30 mins)
- Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200C till golden brown, about 12-15 mins. Remove and leave to cool.