- 3 egg white
- 100g castor sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 120g whole unblanched almonds
- Whisk egg white until light and fluffy. Slowly add in sugar and continue to whisk until stiff.
- Fold flour and almonds lightly into the mixture.
- Prepare a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin, line it with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 30-35 mins till cooked and lightly brown. Remore and leaveto cool. Cover the loaf and chill it in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Use a very sharp knife and cut it into thin slices. Arrange onto a baking tray lined with greased proof paper and bake in an oven at 130c for about 45 mins to 1 hour, till very dry and crisp.
- Leave to cool before storing.