Recipe adapted from My Kitchen, thanks for sharing.
½ Fuji apple, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp fine granulated sugar
50g butter, room temperature
40g fine granulated sugar
1 no. large egg, break with a fork
50ml full cream milk
80g cake flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ Fuji apple, seeded and sliced thinly
½ tbsp fine granulated sugar
2-3 pinches of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven at 170°C .
2. Rub chopped apple with sugar and cook till apple is softened. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter till creamy. Stir in sugar and continue to beat till colour turns pale.
4. While beating, add in egg in batches and beat till light and fluffy.
5. Sift together flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture, alternate with milk. Mix till just combined.
6. Stir in cooked apple together with the liquid.
7. Transfer batter into paper cases, arrange apple slices on the top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on rack.