- 250g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 150 -180 ml milk / water
- 20g butter or margarine
- Mix A till well-combined.
- Slowly pour in B and mix into a soft dough
- Add C and knead till smooth and can stretch well.
- Put dough into a deep bowl, cover with clean cloth and leave to prove till double in bulk.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead well, rest for 15 mins.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions and form into a round shape. Place onto a greased baking sheet, leave to prove till double in bulk again and spray a little water on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200c for about 12-15 mins till golden brown.
- While still hot, brush quickly with a little melted butter on top.